American Studies seeks to provide the student with professional skills that can be utilized in a wide variety of fields so does not limit the student in job possibilities. It provides a demanding challenge for the motivated, independent thinkers who are seeking a well-rounded preparation for life. It covers a wide array of topics such as politics, history, literature, economics, foreign policy, culture to name just a few.
Conflict Resolution seeks to provide our students with deep comprehension into the causes and impacts of war. They learn the approaches and practices toput an end to armed conflict, and for preventing its resurgence. It gives them the ability to practice negotiation skills, conflict resolution as well as increase their awareness of the key issues related to conflict.
Diplomatic Studies seeks to provide a specialization in diplomacy. Comprehensive knowledge is provided in the areas of domestic, national and international political institutions. Courses include but are not limited to theories of relations, foreign policy and international law. The tools of diplomacy include negotiation, mediation as well as conflict resolution.
Middle Eastern Studies seeks to provide a well-rounded debate on the various issues and conflicts in the region. Under the umbrella of International Relations students advance their knowledge in such areas as Theory, Political Systems, Society & Culture as well as Comparative Politics.
|1.Mission||International Relations and Diplomatic and Regional Studies||International Relations and Diplomatic and Regional Studies||2|
The Department’s mission is to provide students with a thorough grounding in development studies and human rights; to sharpen their critical thinking and writing skills; and to instill values of social justice, compassion, and respect for difference.
|1.Mission||International Development||International Development||3|
The Department seeks to produce a generation of Jordanian graduates who are committed to transforming our society through a commitment to genuine social development and human rights advocacy. While not a requirement, most of our students in the Human Rights and Human Development program bring firsthand experience and expertise in the field, such as by working in human rights / development agencies. The Department’s aim is to equip our students with critical thinking skills and the theoretical, conceptual, and legal knowledge to create a more just, inclusive, accepting, and vibrant community.
|2.Vision||International Development||International Development||3|
The vision for the department is to play a distinguished in Jordan as well as the regional level. This will be achieved through offering specialized programs and by developing scientific research in numerous academic disciplines such as American Studies, Conflict Resolution Diplomacy, Environment, European studies to name a few. Moreover, the future ambition of the faculty is to become a regional as well as global center of academic excellence.
|2.Vision||International Relations and Diplomatic and Regional Studies||International Relations and Diplomatic and Regional Studies||2|
1. To recruit the best students.
2. To update and modernize the curriculum on a regular basis to ensure that each program is of the highest quality.
3. To maintain a well-qualified faculty and staff for purposes of teaching and research.
4. To provide students with a broad range of courses within which they can pursue their interests in the relevant programs of the faculty.
5. To provide graduates with an intensive period of study in which to learn about relevant academic disciplines of the department. Moreover, it will prepare students to be able to pursue a variety of professional careers.
6To ensure that the students have a solid grounding in both the major theoretical aspects within the relevant disciplines as well as the major trends and developments in the academic domain.
|3.Objectives||International Relations and Diplomatic and Regional Studies||International Relations and Diplomatic and Regional Studies||2|
1. To provide graduates with an intensive period of study in which to learn about relevant academic disciplines of the department in a systematic and disciplined manner. Moreover, it will prepare students to pursue a variety of professional careers and for further research such as PhD programmes.
2. To ensure that students have a solid grounding in both the major theoretical aspects within the relevant disciplines of the department as well as the major trends and developments in the academic domains of the departement.
3. To develop students’ research skills to enable them to carry out independent research at postgraduate level.
4. To provide students with a broad range of courses within which they can pursue their interests in the relevant programmes of the faculty.
5. To employ the scientific expertise of Jordan University and to attract national as well as international academic expertise in order to enhance the scholarly conduct of the faculty.
6. The rapid development in knowledge claim is an additional motive to establish a library and data base for the relevant academic disciplines of the faculty.
7. To establish academic and scientific co operation with domestic, regional and international counter parts faculties and centres.
8. To promote the department and attract national, Arab and international post-graduates students.
|3.Objectives||International Development||International Development||3|
The Department of Political Science’s mission is to provide students with an academic grounding that will equip them for the increasingly complex job market, while also instilling in them the values and skills they need to become engaged local, national, and international citizens. We aim to endow students with a comprehensive political education in the fundamental branches of the discipline, in addition to presenting them vocational skills and experiences which compliment their academic careers.
|1.Mission||Political Science ||Political Science ||1|
We envision a body of students raising the bar nationally, excelling in research, analytical thought, and expressing loyalty towards true academic vocation. We see future generations of well educated politicians and academics contributing to the region with a comprehensive education and the practical skills necessary to succeed in the current political and economic climate. With the space to pursue creative thought processes and conceive innovative solutions to national and international issues, we believe our students will prosper in all political or entrepreneurial endeavors.
|2.Vision||Political Science ||Political Science ||1|
- An evolving curriculum in line with global and regional trends
- Securing world-class professors and lecturers
- A commitment to exceptional research
- Collaboration with national and international universities/partners
- Quality and up-to-date educational resources
- Increased extracurricular and vocational opportunities
- Further engagement with national society
|3.Objectives||Political Science ||Political Science ||1|
To display the quality and value of competitive education; in order to achieve great success in the job market by our graduates
To help the students to gain contemporary knowledge that can be matched with ethics and moderation.
|4.Goals||Political Science ||Political Science ||1|
The Goals of program is considered to be a response from Jordan University in reaction to the rapid developments in knowledge claim all over the world.
|4.Goals||International Relations and Diplomatic and Regional Studies||International Relations and Diplomatic and Regional Studies||2|
The pedagogical goals of the Department are two-fold. Firstly, we seek to train critical, socially engaged thinkers who are capable of undertaking independent research. In this vein, there is a strong emphasis on research methods training, particularly in qualitative methods, and all students in the human rights and human development program are required to produce a thesis based on primary source research. Secondly, being based at the leading academic institution in Jordan, we believe that all students should have a solid theoretical and conceptual grounding in the fields of development and human rights, thereby supplementing prior work experience that is largely practical in nature.
|4.Goals||International Development||International Development||3|